Today marks the day that I have graduated well not in sim yet but a year course at SP,
Learn quite a no. of creative stuff so pretty happy about it... haaha...
Exams ended in sim too... preparing the next step in life.. that is career...
Hmm.. going to insurance first... same time pursue my interest in creative media...
Hone my skills more before launching to something bigger.

Why do insurance, many people have asked.
Definitely not a glamorous job. Neither is an easy job.
The boss may tell you that you can earn a lot... easier said than done.
Anyway, the objective of me joining this industry is because some people whom I met don't really value the importance of insuring your future.
We tend to enjoy the now more than we think of the consequences of the future.
If anything happens to me, I am not sure whether I can leave any money behind if I do not buy some form of insurance.
Savings for the future is the test of how discipline you are.
I don't really like to chalk up credit card debts. I usually pay the bills on time and don't let the bank earn any interest.
You may say that you can save money in the bank. yes you can, it offers more liquidity and you can draw out any time. But, the interest is about 0.5% or lesser which is why you can never see your savings fight inflation. But you say that you can earn more by putting to shares and earn dividends that is more than getting a savings plan from an insurance company. That's true too, but equities are of higher risk and you can see the value of your shares drop in bad economic time.
The savings plan from an insurance company generally offers higher returns than banks' interest rate but usually lower returns from dividends of shares. You may need to pay premium every month to the savings plan for 10years to 15 years for example, which is kind of long. Remember is for the future, it will instill discipline for you to save and it will act as a deterrence for you to withdraw as the surrender value of the plan can be lower if you choose to surrender early. So in a nutshell, you are so called "forced" to save for the future.
Right now, my auntie just got back her money after faithfully saving for more than 10 years in a savings plan. She might be tempted to surrender mid way through, but she push on to the end. At the end of the day...
It was all worth it after seeing the savings + compounded interest.
No comments:
Post a Comment